Protected Health Information Legal Compliance Training: HIPAA Privacy Act, Final Omnibus Rule, HITECH Act, and Texas Medical Privacy Act (HB300).
This 4 hours of professional ethics training will provide practical, understandable, and concise training on all federal and Texas state laws pertaining to medical and mental health records. The training will cover HIPAA, HITECH, FERPA and TX HB300, and provide strategies for how to handle release of record requests, preparing and responding to a subpoena, and understanding the legal system and how to prepare for testimony in court.
Upon he completion of this training participants will be able to:
- Define and identify the differences between the federal and state privacy acts.
- Demonstrate and apply the rules to ensure all protected health information remains secure.
- Formulate a compliance plan for their specific work setting to reach compliance.
- Evaluate and audit their legal compliance and awareness
- Introduce the Historical structure of HIPPA and HITECH
- Focus on benefits of safeguards of PHI management
- Familiarize participants to expansions/revisions of HIPPA and HITECH
- Introduce the passage of HB300 and how this impacts HIPPA and HITECH
- Outline the additional documentation now required
- Discuss the focus of an audit and how to safeguard against it
University and College Campus Training Packages:
- 1/2 day of training (4 hrs) which includes all training and certification for HIPAA/HITEC/FERPA/TX HB300, plus 4 hrs of approved LPC, LMFT, LCSW ethics CEUs and binder for the school with all record keeping and legally mandated signage and items. ($1,500) + travel expenses (flight/hotel).
- Full day training (8 hrs) which includes all of the above, plus Texas Medical and Mental Health record keeping statutes and standards, authorization for release of protected health information process through the office of Texas Attorney General, protection from subpoenas, and response options, as well as how to testify in court. (both for $2500) + travel expenses (flight/hotel)